Within the 100 Mandalas Community is the VIP Lounge where members meet up monthly to chat live during webinar presentations.
New for 2017!
The Great Round Lecture Series
January to July
Monthly 2 hour Webinars
The Great Round is a 12-part series that explores twelve psychological stages that we all experience in life. One familiar example of two very contrasting stages are those creative low moments when you’re feeling scattered compared to those peak moments when creativity flows easily and effortlessly. Other examples are life events that trigger different stages such as career changes, retirement, parenting, caregiving, working on a BIG project or toward a goal, grieving the loss of a loved one, etc. Each stage is explored with mandala projects and discussion.
Note: Members in the Sharing Circle will explore this series through written posts. The webinar series includes lectures that help participants to make new and deeper connections among the various stages. Each month participants are invited to work on assignments and turn them in to be part of the discussion in the following webinar.
What is a webinar? You will log-in to the VIP Lounge where you’ll see and hear your host, Kathryn Costa talking live on video. A slideshow presentation accompanies each lecture. Discussions among participants take place in a chat box.
1-year membership for Sharing Circle + VIP Lounge is $120. (That’s only $10/month) billed annually.
Already a Sharing Circle member for 2017? Select the VIP Lounge add-on option. $60
Goddess Within the Great Round Workshop
Meeting my “Goddesses Within”
“When I first learned about the Greek Goddess archetypes five years ago, it opened up a whole new world to me. I learned a lot about myself, both my strengths and weaknesses. I also have a new perspective on the women in my life. So much so, that I feel like I have a better understanding and appreciation of them. It’s even helped me to navigate the workplace. The biggest takeaway has been the realization of how we can have different values, priorities, and tendencies – none of them better or less than, simply different. The VIP Lounge webinar series leading up to the workshop will give you a good solid foundation of the Great Round concepts before we add the Goddess Within layer. I’m so excited for our time together in the VIP Lounge in 2017 where I can share with you two of my favorite topics, the Great Round and the Greek Goddesses.”
~ Kathryn Costa, Workshop Facilitator
Author of “The Mandala Guidebook” and Host of the 100 Mandalas Challenge
- Introduction to the Greek Goddess archetypes that come to life with their stories.
- Discover which goddesses are active within you.
- Learn how the goddesses can help you to navigate the Great Round.
- Create your own personal goddess mandala shield.
“Kathryn masterfully weaves the Greek Myths into your life and pairs it with the Great Round in a way that will give you now self-awareness. I enjoyed her connections between the goddesses and real life, her ability to connect the Greek goddesses and their natural role in the cycle of the Great Round, and her gorgeous mandala depictions of each goddess.
Let Kathryn lead you on a journey with the goddesses through the Great Round – you will savor the experience!”
~Susan Paul Johnson, MBA, PhD
Expressive Arts Facilitator, CreatingMandalas.com
NOTE: There will be no webinars during August or December in 2017.
You’ll get access to the webinar recordings from 2016 that covered the following topics:
- The Art of Publishing – Kathryn Costa shares her experiences with publishing an art instruction book. She compares traditional publishing, self publishing, and Amazon’s Create Space with pro’s and con’s and why she selected North Light Books.
- Mixed Media Techniques
- Are you interested in bringing together different media in your mandalas and don’t know where to start?
- Kathryn shares her favorite mediums, techniques, and tips for creating stunning mandalas.
- Learn the #1 design concept for creating successful mixed media mandalas every time.
- Introduction to Interpreting Mandalas with a Focus on Numbers
- Interpreting Mandalas – Kathryn returns from spending a week studying with Susanne Fincher (author of The Mandala Workshop, Creating Mandalas, and numerous mandala coloring books), Marilyn Clark, and Susan Johnson. Kathryn completed the Mandala Certificate Program that covered in depth the Great Round Series. Lots of images of mandalas accompany a discussion on how to interpret your mandalas to find your “mandala stories.”
- Collage Story Circles Part I and II
- Learn eight strategies for creating stunning collages using magazine images. The strategies are based on the elements and principles of design.
- Get two exercises for interpreting your mandalas based on Kathryn’s training in the Great Round and as a SoulCollage Facilitator.
- Participants were given a collage assignment. The second webinar includes a discussion of the student projects. Observations were made on how to look at and make meaningful connections between what may have originally seemed like random magazine images. This was a deeply powerful and insightful session. Participants left feeling affirmed by the collage mandala art that they shared.