What is calling you?
What do you desire for this next year?
It’s January 1st, and you’re full of ideas about things you want to do differently this year. You may make an ambitious list of goals and New Year’s resolutions. But in the back of your mind, you also know that
you’ll forget all about them by next week, or next month.
You’re not alone.
Let’s toss out the New Year’s resolutions and set an intention for 2017.
A single word is powerful.
They can set us back, slow us down, and even stop us dead in our tracks.
Or, they can inspire us to forge ahead, make healthy choices, and
focus on the positive.
As you consider the year ahead, what needs your attention right now?
What word will you select to inspire and guide you?
Let’s discover this together.
The Inspired Year Mandala Retreat:
a nourishing and playful approach to finding clarity
Course Begins: Sunday, January 15, 2017
Course Ends: Sunday, January 29, 2017
In this unique two-week online class you’ll:
- Discover your word-for-the-year that resonates with your deepest desire for 2017.
- Transform any ordinary moment into a nourishing “retreat moment.”
- Find clarity and focus. You can use these activities again and again any time you’re feeling blocked on a project or seeking direction in life.
- Meet Inspired Seekers from all over the world who are taking this course.
- Begin 2017 feeling focused and inspired.
“I am delighted that you are going to hold a Retreat again in January. My word for 2016 has been the foundation for all the changes that have happened in my life during the past months…it will be a fascinating exercise to discover my word for 2017.” ~Sally McLennan
5 Lessons to Discover Your Word for 2017
Each lesson begins with a video introduction and includes
gorgeous worksheets and fun downloads.
We wrap up the week with a webinar where
you can ask your questions about the course content.
You’ll relax and color in the mandala art found in the worksheets. The mandalas (lovely circular designs) are perfect containers for writing in the words that you’ll collect. Now, if you love to draw your own mandalas, you’re encouraged to pull out your drawing supplies and create your own designs to complete the activities. Please know that this isn’t a how-to-draw-mandalas course, it’s more of a how-to-use-mandalas course.
While there are many “find your word-for-the-year” resources on the web, these are often published by writers and appeal to thinker/wordy types. This course, designed by an artist + writer, offers you a selection of playful activities that incorporate inspiring words, thoughtful prompts, and gorgeous visuals.
- Lesson 1: Retreat Moments
- Lesson 2: Word Audition
- Lesson 3: Scavenger Hunt
- Lesson 4: A Thinker’s Approach
- Lesson 5: Dream Wheel Collages
Time to Uncover Your Word
You get all of the lessons and activities in Week 1. Week 2 is reserved for you to complete the activities that interest you most. You may choose to do all of the activities or do one or two.
We’ll check in a couple of times and wrap up with some tips on
how to stay inspired by your word throughout the year.
TWO OFFERS NOT TO MISS!
The first 36 participants to register will be invited to participate in a unique community mandala project. Each participant will be given a piece of a mandala to color, doodle, and record their word-for-the-year. Participants scan and return their piece that will be worked into a final design. Pictured above is the group mandala that incorporates the words for 2016.
Sharing Circle Webcasts
FILLED! The first 10 participants to register will have the option to participate in one of two Sharing Circle Webcasts. These are small group LIVE sessions that will give participants the opportunity to meet each other. You’ll get to tell us what your word is, show us your favorite project, and participate in a conversation about this course. There is no extra charge to participate, but it is only available to the first 10 people to sign up. You’ll need to use a computer that has a webcam and a reliable internet connection. I’ve found that most hand-held devices don’t work so well with the webinar feature of the site.
You are an Inspired Seeker if…
- You don’t like New Year’s resolutions and you want to find a playful alternative to starting your year inspired.
- You love words and find inspiration in them.
- Participating in a two-week course fits in your busy schedule.
- You love coloring mandalas.
- You enjoy connecting with other Inspired Seekers from all over the world.
What You’ll Need
- Computer with internet access.
- Printer to print the worksheets and fun downloads.
- Telephone to participate in the Q&A teleconference (optional).
- Web cam to participate in the Sharing Circle Webcast (available only to the first 20 to register).
- Notebook or journal and pen.
- Magazines, large poster board or piece of cardboard or paper (18″ or greater), scissors, glue stick.
- Your favorite coloring supplies: colored pencils, markers, gel pens…
- An open mind and curiosity.
- Unlimited access to the course materials. Don’t worry if you haven’t completed the activities within the timeframe of the course. You’ll have access to all of the videos, worksheets, and downloads after the course is over.
- The online classroom is easy to navigate and check off the lessons as you complete them.
- Participants can post photos of their projects and comments similar the way we post photos and comments on Facebook.
About the Course Creator
I’ve been selecting a word-for-the-year for many years. Sometimes it is just a single word and other times it is a phrase. It amazes me how my chosen word shows up and guides me.
In 2015, my word was “commitment” and the phrase, “commit, you’ll find a way to do it” appeared in a photo I saw on Facebook of some random person wearing a t-shirt with these words. My goal for 2015 was to get a book proposal written and submitted and maybe land a signed contract. By March I reached that goal and my book project has been on a fast track!
My watchword and phrase have encouraged and supported me to meet some really crazy deadlines.
In addition to writing my first book, I’ve launched a new website, and Youtube channel. And, I have my first podcast series in the works. It has taken a “commitment” to focus and see these projects through.
Every time a new BIG and SCARY opportunity showed up this year, I remembered my watchword and phrase, “commit, you’ll find a way to do it.”
Not all years have been this productive. In fact, one year, I dreaded the start of the New Year. I was in a creative slump and feeling depressed. The thought of making a New Year to-do list made me feel nauseous. I still did some, not all, of the activities that you’ll find in the course. When I look back on that word and that year…it really was prophetic. When you join the course, I’ll tell you more about that story and how my words from other years played out.
Note that every year the word was different and every year offered new lessons and it was always just what I needed.
As with all of my projects, I pour a lot of love, creativity, and experience into them. I love these activities and have personally used them over the last 7 years. I’m excited to finally offer them to you.
If you enjoy words and beautiful mandalas to color, you’ll have fun uncovering your inspired word-for-the-year.
Here’s to a new adventure in 2017!
~ Kathryn Costa