Pictured above is the Flower of Life pattern made up of 42 petals filled with declarations of people, accomplishments, and gifts that I’m grateful for.
At the center is my “inner circle” including my devoted husband, son, colleagues and dear friends. In the white petals are words that describe the qualities that I’m grateful for within this circle.
The other circles in this design cover a variety of gratitudes:
- 100 Mandalas Community
- Gifts and Talents that I’ve nurtured in myself
- Authors and Artists who I admire
If you look closely at my mandala you’ll find some keywords that repeat: friendship, connection, creativity, curiosity, support, love, sharing, and caring. I see each of these words as invitations. Invitations that point to what to focus on in 2017.
Last year I did this exercise and it is interesting to look back on how I filled in the design with color and gratitudes. I didn’t look at last year’s mandala before working on my gratitude mandala for this year until now as I post them here in this blog post.
As I look at both gratitude mandalas I’m asking myself:
- What is showing up again and again?
- What’s new?
- What’s missing?
What I love most about this design is how it shows connection and interconnectedness between all of the people, experiences, and virtues that I’m grateful for. This mandala is my web of love and support.
It’s Your Turn
- Learn how to draw the Flower of Life. See chapter 3 in my book, “The Mandala Guidebook” for clear step-by-step instructions.
- Download the Flower of Life coloring page. Don’t want to draw your own? No problem, we’ve got you covered. The Seed of Life coloring page is part of the 100 Mandalas Coloring book that you get when you subscribe to the 100 Mandalas Newsletter.
- Find more Gratitude Mandala projects in my book, “The Mandala Guidebook” in chapter 10.
Do you love words?
Each year I pick a word-for-the-year that becomes a beacon and touchstone inspiring me to pursue my dreams and live my best life throughout the year. Do you love words too? Ahhh then you’ll love the mandala retreat in January. It’s an online, two-week event that will kick off the new year. Start your year feeling inspired. Learn More