The Great Round Online Course is a fascinating study that guides you through 12 stages that we all experience in life, again and again.
Thank you for stopping by to check out this free sampler class. This page is a preview of the first lesson called, “Stage One: Resting in the Darkness.”
Lesson One: Resting in the Darkness
We experience Stage One when we are feeling creatively low, we are overworked and exhausted, our hormones are wreaking havoc and we feel anxious, seasonal light changes affect our moods, or we are ill and have no energy for doing anything. In this video lesson, I share one of my low moments in life and how creating mandalas helped me to feel creative again. This video also covers an overview of this stage and three example mandala activities.
Greek Goddess Connection
Participants in the online Goddess course last fall asked if we could continue our work with the goddesses in the Great Round this year. In this video, you’ll see how we make connections between the wisdom of the Greek Goddess archetypes and the stages of the Great Round.
Participants are encouraged to create art in any style. You are not limited to creating mandalas for the Great Round course.
New! The Goddess Primer
If you haven’t taken my Greek Goddess course and you’re interested in taking the Great Round Course, I’m working on a Goddess Primer that will include:
- A Comprehensive Goddess Profile for each goddess that summarizes their strengths and wisdom, along with a list of the colors, animals, plants, and symbols associated with the goddess.
- A Goddess Quiz that reveals the Greek goddesses that are showing up in you in your life today.
- An Introduction to Creating SoulCollage Cards Video that will get you started creating insightful collages using magazine images.
The Goddess Primer will be available on or before February 1, 2018 and will cost $15.
Interested in getting a copy of the Goddess Primer? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get a notice when it’s available.
I met with with Catz, a member of the 100 Mandalas Community who shares her experience about taking the Great Round Course in the video above.
Are you ready for your own a-ha moments and transformation?
Great Round Course at a Glance
- 12 video lessons, one for each of the 12 Stages of the Great Round
- 12 video lessons that make connections between the Greek Goddess archetypes and each Stage.
- 3 videos to get the journey started including a comprehensive birds-eye view of the entire Great Round and a “How to Interpret Your Mandalas” video.
- Handouts and worksheets
- 6 online retreat days. Using Zoom a web conferencing tool, we’ll meet up live for a Show & Tell where you get to show us one of your projects from the course and a virtual play date where we’ll all work on a mandala and discuss it, live!
- Private classroom environment to share your mandala art and mandala stories. (We do NOT use Facebook for this course.)
- Recommended book, “The Mandala Workbook” by Susanne Fincher
Course Starts Sunday, January 21, 2018
Enrollment Closes February 10, 2018
Course Concludes on August 25, 2018
About Your Instructor, Kathryn Costa
Hi, I’m Kathryn Costa and I’m absolutely in love with the Great Round Series. I’ve been leading this series now for three years and every year it keeps getting better. Each time I work through the “round” and I’ve done so six times now, I glean new insights and discover new things about myself.
I studied with Suzanne Fincher the author of “The Mandala Workbook” and completed her three part certificate program. I had the pleasure of traveling down to Georgia twice for two week long intensives where I listened to Suzanne Fincher, her sister and fellow wise woman Marilyn Clark, and my mentor and soul sister Susan Johnson lecture on the Great Round and guide us through hands-on mandala projects and activities. I’m so grateful to Susanne and her team for their wisdom and guidance.
If you have any questions about this course, please feel free to write to me. I’m happy to discuss if this opportunity is right for you. Contact me directly at email@example.com