“What do you need to flourish?”
“What does your business need to flourish?”
These are two questions that I ask myself each morning that connects my word-for-the-year, flourish with my vision – to live a healthy, vibrant, joyful life, and to grow my creative and soulful business.
What’s your vision?
How do you stay the course?
I begin each year by creating a vision board and selecting a word-for-the-year.
Throughout the year, I stay inspired and focused to make my dreams happen by using a vision journal. A vision journal is a place to dream, plan, and track action steps.
Vision journals are the key to making things happen. While vision boards are helpful to create a vision and identify your dreams, it’s working with vision journals that will help you to put your vision into action.
Working in a vision journal has helped me to:
- write a book proposal that led to publishing a book
- find the courage to believe in myself to ditch the day job and to focus full time on a business that I love
- listen to what my body needs to feel nourished, loved, and healthy
- dream bigger than I’ve ever dreamed before
- and so much more!
A vision journal will help you to:
- get clear on what you most desire
- recognize and release limiting beliefs
- awaken your creativity
- brainstorm next steps
- celebrate your successes
Are you ready to spring into the possibilities that life holds for you?
You maybe thinking yes, but…
My life is so busy and I don’t have time to create a vision for my life.
I don’t know how to quiet my busy mind from thinking about everything that I have going on.
I don’t know how to listen to my intuition. Do I have a wise inner self?
I don’t know how to begin or how to translate a vision board into a vision journal.
Imagine a long weekend in a beautiful mountain setting where you can
- clear your mind
- nourish your body
- tune into your inner wise self
- gently awaken your creative spirit
- and connect with an expanded vision for your life
Take a Spring Retreat at Race Brook Lodge
Join Liza Bertini and Kathryn Costa for a retreat to spring into the possibilities on April 11 – 14, 2019.
There is no better place to welcome Spring than in the Berkshire Mountains and no better time to open to new possibilities in life!
Nestled at the foot of Mount Race in Sheffield MA, the Race Brook Lodge offers easy access to the many cultural and natural attractions of the Berkshires.
Meandering footpaths connect the restored rustic lodge, barns and cottages, all converted into comfortable accommodations.
The farm-to-table meals keep you satisfied as you move through your practice.
Mindfulness & Movement
Mindfulness comes easy here at Race Brook Lodge. Daily meditation and yoga classes will will clear the mind and shift the energy in your body to open you up to envisioning new possibilities.
Vision Journal Workshops
- 2-three hour vision journal classes with Kathryn Costa
- Soul Journey guided meditations to tap into your intuition and gently awaken your creativity.
- Two beautiful envelopes with inspiration and surprises tucked inside to use in your journals.
- Journal prompts that weave in the four elements of air, water, fire, and earth and how these elements bring balance and vitality to your mind, emotions, spirit, and body.
- You’ll meet two animal allies and learn how their wisdom can serve you to put your vision into action.
- Vision journal techniques for recycling a catalogue to use as a journal, creating pockets, adding tabs, tipping in pages, and creative list making ideas.
- Twelve tips for mixing and matching elements of design to create gorgeous collages.
- Open studio time to savor the creative experience.
- You bring your curiosity and we bring the rest. All supplies included.
- Return home with an inspired journal practice.
Fire Burning Ceremony/Bon Fire
Fire is a powerful element that helps to transform and release attachments and limiting beliefs that hold us back. Too often we hold onto our dreams so tightly that they don’t have the room to grow and manifest. We’ll gather around a bon fire for a fire burning ceremony.
Do you know what would make this retreat even more fun?
Invite a friend!
Who do you know would savor this experience and support your dream?
Just think about that as you read on…
Accommodations & Facilities
Nestled at the foot of Mount Race in Sheffield MA, Race Brook Lodge welcomes you to a place of peaceful respite and outstanding hospitality in alignment with local sustainability and inner harmony right here in the Berkshires.
When you step outside your room, you’ll be greeted with breathtaking hiking trails that will lead you to the must-see views from the top of Race Brook Falls. From there, you have direct access to The Appalachian Trail and just across the brook, you’ll find a farm garden, which grows much of the produce for the restaurant.
About Liza Bertini
Liza Bertini is a Personal Development Coach, Yoga and Mindfulness Educator, and Leadership Trainer. For the past 15 years, Liza has been coaching, training, and creating experiences to help people live more healthy, mindful and meaningful lives. Her former experience as a Human Resources Director for several prestigious corporations in the finance and media industries has influenced her work with clients and corporations to develop and enhance conscious leadership and mindful work practices, career development, corporate wellness, and employee experience. As s a yoga and meditation teacher, Liza believes mindfulness principles are fundamental in driving personal and organizational transformation and is known for inspiring others from her own personal journey. She earned a Certificate in Career and Life Planning from New York University, a Certificate in Health Coaching from Villanova University School of Nursing, holds a Master of Science in Industrial Organizational Psychology from Stevens Institute of Technology, and a Bachelor of Arts in Business and Psychology from Muhlenberg College. Learn more at www.lizabertini.com.
About Kathryn Costa
Kathryn Costa is an artist, writer and educator whose passion can be summed up in three little words, “create and connect.” Since she started blogging in 2008, Kathryn has inspired people from 175 countries with her personal stories and artwork. Kathryn’s workshops help people to find clarity, let go of fear, embrace their dreams and explore their creativity. In October 2014, Kathryn decided to challenge herself to create 100 mandalas in 100 days and invited her friends online to join her. Within a year, the 100 Mandalas Challenge and Community has quickly grown to include thousands of mandala enthusiasts from all over the world. Kathryn is the author of “The Mandala Guidebook: How to Draw, Paint and Color Expressive Mandala Art” published by North Light Books. When Kathryn isn’t creating mandalas, she enjoys art journaling, collage, mixed media, photography and Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging). She lives in New England with her Brazilian husband Fernando. To learn more, visit truenortharts.com.
The Finer Details
- April 11 to 14, 2019
- Arrive after 3 pm Thursday
- Weekend begins with 4:30 pm Yoga and ends with Lunch on Sunday
- Daily yoga, meditation classes and activities that will help you envision new possibilities
- Two 3-Hour Vision Journal Art Classes with Kathryn
- Fire Burning Ceremony / Bon Fire
- 3 delicious gourmet vegetarian meals each day with an arrival dinner and departure lunch
- Double or Single accommodations at Race Brook Lodge
- Easily accessible with public transportation from NYC
- Explore local mountains and hike the Appalachian Trail
- Local antique shops, boutiques and cultural attractions
- Spa treatments available on property (extra fee)
- $749: Double Room (per person)
- $890 (limited) Private Rooms
- $145/Day – Local Commuters
*TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM IS NOT PROVIDED
Source Images: With love and gratitude to Flow Magazine, Flow Book for Paper Lovers, Happinez Magazine, DharmaCrafts Catalogue, Mantra Wellness Magazine, Lion’s Roar Magazine, Eating Well Magazine, Body + Soul Magazine, Remedies Magazine, Art Journaling Magazine, You’re Doing a Freaking Great Job Book, Denise Linn’s Soul Coaching Oracle Deck and Soul Traveler Oracle Deck. These are some of the many inspiring sources used to create the journal pages that you see on this page.