What do labyrinths and the expressive arts have in common? Both offer us the time and space to unplug from the busyness and distractions of our daily lives.
Based on a spiral, a labyrinth is a path that leads to a center point. Unlike a maze, you can’t get lost in a labyrinth – there is only one way in and one way out.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to draw a labyrinth in the medieval style inspired by the labyrinth found at the Cathedral of Chartres, France. Once drawn, we’ll “walk” along the path by adding color and journal writing. This is a lovely activity that will give you time to reflect on where you’re at on your life’s journey.
What you’ll get in this retreat experience.
- Time dedicated to your creativity and for reflecting on your life’s path.
- Explore how to use labyrinths for meditation, discernment, setting intentions and manifesting.
- Creating in a lovely community that provides love and support for your journey.
- Step-by-Step instructions on how to draw a labyrinth inspired by the medieval style labyrinth found at Chartres Cathedral.
- Beautifully designed handouts for future reference.
- Attend one of the two live sessions or access the recordings.
- Instructional how-to video
- Guided Meditation mp3 to download
What you’ll need.
- Pencil and Eraser
- Journal or Notebook
- Paper (at least 8″ x 8″)
- Your Favorite Drawing & Coloring Supplies
- Computer or mobile device like tablet or smartphone if you want to participate in the live session. We connect up on Zoom and you’ll need your audio and video enabled.
After registering choose from one of these online retreat dates:
- Friday, May 31, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., EST
- Friday, May 31, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., EST
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., EST
- You’ll get lifetime access to the recordings on June 3rd.
$35 regular rate
$25 when you register on or before May 4th use code earlybird